Sunday, October 5, 2008

Art and Abbie, the Author





This head study was done with raw Super Sculpy. It's the first sculpture I've ever done, and the only one I've ever finished. I hope to have more time to do more sculpting, but I am still learning and want to try some different materials that require some more equipment. Super Sculpy is ok, but kind of gummy. I used photos of a Polynesian football player for starting reference, but wasn't going for a likeness, just having fun!

Abbie is a very intriguing little girl. She's way ahead of the curve on her reading, and loves to draw. She isn't quite as imaginative as Anna, but she loves to draw from life. As I was taking some pictures of my sculpture before it got too old, she decided to draw it. Not bad, eh? She also wrote this story, perhaps somewhat reflective of a common household event...


6 comments:

Brian said...

Matt, you talented freak. Dude, your natural ability to adapt to different mediums without the struggle that most of us face is mind blowing. The sculpt is very cool. I look forward to more of this. You keep this up and you're going to be working at Pixar. And when you do, I want a private tour.

m3ng said...

Thanks, Brian. As for Pixar, I don't think I'm ready for the sacrifice nor the quality yet. I'm having fun, though!

Dominic Philibert said...

Very well done my riend!
Kee up the good work man!

hadi tabasi said...

thanks
great works

Anonymous said...

yea, like brian said, you're freaky talented man...

ah...I can still remember art class in 8th grade when I first saw some of your color pencil drawings...

m3ng said...

Thanks for the comments! I don't remember much of 8th grade. Didn't we just make chains out of strips of construction paper in art class?